Your Story Matters!
Life of an Addict is always accepting guest post submissions. I believe that your story matters and may be exactly what someone else needs to hear to invoke change or provide comfort.
Who Am I Looking For?
If your life has been affected by the disease of addiction, I want to hear from you. I will consider posts from (not all-inclusive):
- Addicts still suffering
- Addicts in recovery
- Anyone that has lost a loved one to addiction
- Anyone who’s life has been affected by someone else’s addiction
- Advocates for recovering addicts
- Counselors, doctors, case managers, or others in the Recovery field
- Anonymous writers
What Should You Write About?
I’m not looking for articles that glorify drug use, but I am interested in your stories that share your experience, strength and hope. Don’t be afraid to be open and honest, I will gladly respect any request for anonymity.
The whole point of the blog on Life of an Addict is to help others suffering to feel connected, and know they are not alone. Your story could literally change a life.
I’m also open to opinionated stances on addiction and recovery, even if your vision is aligned with my own.
Life of an Addict is here to help you and others find hope, strength and the power to change. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when submitting your guest post:
- 100% original content not published anywhere else. Once your post is accepted, it becomes the property of Life of an Addict, and cannot be published elsewhere without permission.
- Only long-form content will be considered. Your post should contain at least 1,000 words.
- Proper spelling and grammar is expected, so please spellcheck your post before sending in.
- No links in your post. If you would like your work acknowledged , your post will include an author bio with your photo, a link to your website home or blog page, and your social media links.
- If you would like your post published anonymously, you must inform me of that with your post submission.
- If you’re a blogger and including the author bio with your post, you will be expected to share the post with your audience on social media and respond to comments for the first 2 weeks after publishing.
- I reserve the right to make changes to your post for the sake of readability.
If your post is published, I will be sharing it with my Life of an Addict email subscribers and social media followers. In some cases, I may also share it with my Next Level Blogging audience (primary blog).
I can’t wait to read your article and share your insight with my audience.
Submit Your Post Ideas
Submit the form below to have your guest post idea reviewed. Once I receive your form, if your post seems like a good fit for Life of an Addict, I will contact you by email with post submission instructions.
If you prefer, you may also submit your completed post by email now to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.